Thursday, January 14, 2010

Benefit Coralista, Peachy Please!

Benefit Cosmetics features fun, retro packaging and great products. The story behind the line is as cute and whimiscal as their image. Benefit Cosmetics was started by the Ford twins of San Francisco, California, with the simple idea, "Who says makeup has to be serious to be good?" And with that the playful, sassy and sweet cosmetics line was born.

Today I'm going to review one of my favorite Benefit products: CORALista blush. Coralista is one of Benefit's top sellers and with good reason. I have been looking for a peachy blush but since I'm fair skinned and cool toned, the search hasn't been easy. I happened upon this product at the Benefit counter in Memphis and then received it for my birthday a few months ago.



The wild, tropical themed packaging is the first thing to catch your eye. Coralista comes in a square shaped box, with a pink leopard print design. Even if the packaging is too loud for your taste (personally, I think it's fun!), keep in mind the blush is worth your money and it will be easier to spot in your makeup bag.

Now onto the color- Benefit describes Coralista as "a warm coral-pink cheek powder." The color is one the warm side but the pink tones in Coralista make it wearable for just about any skin tone. Coralista will most definitely flatter warm tones and will offer a believable peachy flush for cool tones. (Check out the color below)



One of my favorite things about this blush is the brush! Usually brushes included with makeup aren't keepers and typically don't perform as well as brushes bought seperately. I tried the blush with my usual makeup brush first but I found the application looked a bit heavy. So, I reached for the Coralista blush brush and what a world of difference. The brush comes with a wooden handel and squared off bristles which are great for emphasizing cheekbones. The blush also lasts a long time, needing no reapplications throughout the day, and offers very subtle shimmer.

I recommend this blush to anyone!

Overal Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Pros: Universally Flattering, Cute Packaging, Easy to Apply & Wear
Cons: Expensive
Price: $28.00
Size: 12.0 g


I'll be reviewing some more Benefit products soon but be sure to check out their Creaseless Cream Eye Shadows/Liners and the One Hot Minute face powder.

*Disclaimer: I have not been paid for any of my reviews. I chose products on my own, through my own interests, and provide honest reports to my readers!*

No comments: