Sunday, January 18, 2009

MAC Hello Kitty & OPI's South Beach

This past week has been crazy getting into the semester at school and my poor blog has been neglected. I've still had makeup on the brain, although my Shakespeare course is definitely dominating my thoughts right now. I've been playing with my Urban Decay Sustainable Eyeshadow Palette (love! great for night time looks), exploring the Sinful nail polish line at Walgreens (great deal, by the way) and picked up two new drugstore mascaras: L'Oreal's Voluminous and Maybelline's Colossal.

I thought I'd blog about the two beauty collections I'm most excited about for Spring. Spring is definetly one of my favorite times for makeup--I love the airy, etheral look and floral colors. Sooo without further ado...

Of course, I am ridicuously excited about the MAC Hello Kitty line. I loved Hello Kitty as a child, maybe even more than Barbie, and I love what MAC is doing with this line. If you haven't had a chance to see pictures from the line, check out this link: http://www.temptalia.com/mac-hello-kitty-pictures-and-photos. I want pretty much everything but I'm attempting to more savvy with my makeup purchases. Here are my top picks from the collection:

Cute Ster lipstick (first lippie on left in picture below). This has been described as a "sheer peachy pink with pearl". I have a lot of blue toned pink lipsticks and several frosts so I thought this one would work for me better than Strayin'. I also want to see Fashion Mews (not shown), the pale lavender lipstick, in person.


Too Dolly Eyeshadow Palette. It comes with four eye shadows: Yogurt, Romping, Too Dolly, Stately Black (L to R in picture below). This palette is my must purchase. I love the colors and I think they'll work perfectly for my light, cool toned skin. The Lucky Tom palette is also pretty and features warm colors.

On the Prowl Nail Lacquer (middle polish in picture below). I think this color looks gorgeous--I love silvery grey nails. They can transition from day to night and the Hello Kitty figure on the bottle is adorable!

For some reason, I'm a huge fan of the OPI Nail Collections. I enjoy seeing what themes and tongue in cheek nail names they'll come out with next. This spring OPI is launching the South Beach collection. The pictures don't have quick the wow factor of say, the India collection, but I think South Beach has a beautiful range of colors. My favorites so far:

Done Out in Deco- a lilac creme color.

Overexposed in South Beach-a dark magenta color with shimmer.

Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot- a cool toned bright pink creme.

Click the promo picture below to see a bigger image of these polishes.

No comments: