Thursday, June 11, 2009

Top 10 Beauty Winners of 2009

In a recent issue of Glamour magazine, the readers and an expert panel chose their top 50 most glamorous women. I agreed with many of their picks but I thought I'd list my own Top Ten Beauty Winners of 2009. Continue reading to find out who I chose!


10. Katy Perry


Katy Perry's fashion sense is pretty bold and risky and so is her makeup! This is a girl who loves to have fun with makeup and doesn't take it too seriously. She's cheeky and a bit irreverent. Any girl who wears a hot pink lip gets an A in my book.

9. Kim Kardashian


She may come as a strange choice but I have to admit, I love Kim Kardashian's make up and overall look. She has come off too strong in the past but she's toned it down and looks gorgeous! I love her shiny long waves and doe like eyes. She (or perhaps her makeup artist?) does a great job balancing her eyes and lips for the perfect look.

8. Pat McGrath


Pat McGrath is my favorite make up artist, hands down. She is someone without any formal training but instead takes an artistic approach to beauty. She often forgos brushes and works strictly with her hands. McGrath has done a huge range of looks and thought I'm disappointed that her associated cosmetics line Max Factor is being discontinued, I look forward to the day when I can buy Pat McGrath make up....and I hope that's very soon!

7. Diane Lane


Could she be any more beautiful? This woman seems to get more gorgeous every year! I love her wholesome, natural look. Her skin is phenomenal! Talk about the fountain of youth.

6. Queen Latifah



I LOVE Queen Latifah and I always have. Did anyone else watch her talk show in the past? Maybe that was just me but you have to admit, she is an amazing model of self-confidence and poise. She just seems like an awesome person who has remained to true to herself and her values in Hollywood.

5. Kate Winslet



I think Kate Winselt is finally getting the credit she deserves. She is an amazing actress- someone with a true talent and not just a "celebrity." The media has been too caught up in her weight in the past, which is ridiculous because she has an amazing figure. I hate to be cliche but this woman glows from within and it really shows!

4. Michelle Obama



Michelle Obama gets my vote as a beautiful woman because she has brought the role of First Lady up to its 21 century level. She doesn't come across as a prop or sidekick to the President but instead is a real person, a loving wife and mother, with her own interests and values. Her style is chic and effortless, tailored to fit her athletic figure while mindful of the country' economic situation.

3. Cate Blanchett



I love Cate Blanchett because she is beautiful and unique at the same time. She doesn't fit the cookie cutter mold of beauty- she embraces her beautiful fair skin and rejects nips and tucks. I find myself looking up to her the most as a beauty icon out of all the women I listed. And like Winslet, she is a phenomenonal talent!

2. Reese Witherspoon



I might be a bit biased as I'm a Tennessee girl too but who can resist Reese Witherspoon? I love her whole attitude and ethos. She comes across a polite put together woman with a strong sense of self. And her sense of style is spot on! Witherspoon had one of the best break up come backs Hollywood has every seen and I love her for it!

1. Freida Pinto



Pinto is my pick as the most beautiful woman in Hollywood. Or maybe the world! She is absolutely gorgeous and seems completely unaware of her beauty. Just like her recent runaway hit, Slumdog Millionaire, Pinto is a sleeper in this category- someone slightly under the radar destined to become a huge success. I love her combination of neutral smokey eyes and natural lips at the Oscar's.

There you have my Top Ten list for 2009! Let me know what you think. Who would you have chosen? Check back soon and I'll have some celebrity beauty misses to talk about!

No comments: