Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Top Ten Lip Products

My Top Ten Lip Products:

So, this list has been circulating around blogs for quite a while and I thought I'd join in. "Lip products" includes lip sticks, balms, glosses, stains, and treatments--the whole nine yards. I've chosen by top ten based on both their formula/wear and the actual color.

*Please note- these photos were taken by me. While in no means professional, they belong to myself and this site. So, if you choose to share them in any way, please link back to butprettyisasprettydoes.blogspot.com and do not remove the text. Thanks!*

10. Vaseline Lip Therapy Advanced Formula- approx. $1.39


This is my absolute favorite lip treatment and I've tried everything from Chapstick to Kiehl's #1. This balm stands out because it's soothing and moisturizing without being too thick and can be found at any drugstore. I also like that the product has an almost blue-ish clear tint which makes my lips look natural but better.

9. L'Oreal HiP Jelly Balm in Delectable- approx. $9.00


HiP
Jelly Balms are a dupe for MAC's Tendertones but actually like their texture better. They are definitely "jellies" in the sense that their texture is sticky and smooth. I love the berry red color and the cotton candy smell!

8. Lancome Juicy Tubes Smoothie in Energizing Melon- approx. $18.00


Juicy Tubes are some of my favorite lip glosses. They are quite sticky which can be troublesome if you have long hair but they also last longer than most glosses because of said stickiness. I can put up with the stick factor because I adore the "Energizing Melon" shade. It's a bright coral shade with pink undertones and golden shimmer. The color is not as scary as it appears in the tube but it is bright and perfect for summer! Because of the fuchsia and coral blend, I think this lip gloss would flatter both warm and cool skin tones. Wonderful staying power!

(*I'm sorry the picture quality isn't better on this one. The flash took on a green-ish cast for some reason*)

7. MAC Hello Kitty Lip Stick in Fashion Mews (Glaze)- approx. $23.99 (LE so it's typically found on ebay now)



This limited edition lipstick is not for the color shy. Fashion mews is a pinky pale lavender hue that is very cool toned. I love Fashion Mews when I want to put the focus on my lips and I find the shade quite flattering. It's such a unique shade and the most wearable lavender lipstick I've found.

6. MAC Dazzleglass in Love Alert- approx. $16.50


I guess I'm a bit of a MAC addict when it comes to lip products. Dazzle glasses are amazing and rival my love for Lancome Juicy Tubes. The formula is less sticky and even more shimmery. Love Alert is my favorite because it's an easy way to wear red lips during the day time that isn't too over the top.

5. Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Tiramisu -approx. $22.00


I think EL gets a bad rap as an "old lady" brand. They actually have great foundation, blushes, bronzers, and lip colors! Great color pay off and staying powder. (I'm just not crazy about their eye shadows). Tiramisu is no exception. I recently discovered this lip stick and it is beautiful! I know I'm a beauty addict but this color leaves me gushing. It's a sheer peachy nude with bronze flecks. It applies with a glossy finish and it is a great color for day time. Even though, it's a warm color I find it quite flattering and feel like this shade would flatter everyone. (Tiramisu has received amazing reviews on MUA).

4. Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Maraschino- approx. $22.50


Another EL? See, I told you they have good colors! This is my favorite red lip stick right now. It's a cherry red shade. Great red for fair skins as it brings out your natural color without being too over bearing. Perfect long lasting formula.

3. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Airy Fairy- approx $4.99


My perfect nude lipstick! I love this pinky-nude for day time or night. It's a good price and wears just as well as higher end lip sticks.

2. Too Faced Lip of Luxury in Marcia, Marcia, Marcia- approx $18.00


Where to begin? The packaging is adorable in a metallic pink case and crystal "gem" on top. It smells like champagne! The color is one of my favorites and perfect for blondes with its frosty pink finish and bronze shimmer (seeing a trend in my favorite colors?). I generally dislike frosts but this one is lovely. I receive the most compliments when I wear this lipstick and that's good enough for me!

1. MAC Lipstick in Snob (Satin)- approx $14.00


Snob just recently beat out Marcia, Marcia, Marcia as my favorite lip product. A baby pink with lavender undertones, this lipstick just stands out with its color and application. The lip stick applies evenly and can build up to more color. Great way to brighten up your complexion!

Honorable Mentions:

* Lypsyl Beeswax Lip Moisturizer- Cute bee inspired packaging, readily available, and softening!
Approx. $2.99

* NYX Goddess of the Night Lip Gloss in Perfect- Inexpensive, great shine, and perfect nude lip gloss! Approx. $3.50

Do any of your favorite (or least favorite) lip products match up with mine? Any suggestions? Feel free to ask me to review any item you're curious about!

No comments: